After you’ve received a professional disinfection service, it’s important to maintain your clean space. Incorporate cleaning and disinfecting habits into your daily routine. Start by focusing on high touch areas. Clean with soap and water first, followed by disinfection with an EPA-registered product. Encourage everyone in your home or office to wipe down surfaces after use and wash their hands correctly throughout the day. Don’t forget to adjust your methods according to the type of material you’re cleaning or disinfecting. If you’re in doubt, rely on the professionals at ServiceMaster TEAM in Fort Worth, Texas for a preventative disinfection service.
High Touch Areas
One of the best habits you can start is to clean and disinfect high touch surfaces daily. Start by locating the high touch areas of your space. Tabletops, electronics, door handles, faucets and more are high touch surfaces in most spaces.
Clean & Disinfect
There is a difference between cleaning and disinfecting. In order to maintain a clean space in between professional services, you should do both. Before beginning, protect your hands by wearing gloves and ventilate your space with an open window and fan.
- Clean: Start by cleaning surfaces with soap and water. This step removes debris like dirt and reduces the number of germs.
- Disinfect: Once your surfaces are clean, use an EPA approved disinfectant. This step kills the germs that are leftover from the previous cleaning step. Make sure you follow the label instructions for the correct use of your disinfectant products.
- Place cleaning products throughout your space to encourage everyone to wipe down surfaces after use. Make sure everyone knows where cleaning tools are and how to use them correctly.
Depending on the material of the surface that you’re cleaning and disinfecting, you may need to alter your method. If you need to clean soft surfaces like upholstered items or rugs, use the following process.
- Soft Surfaces: Start by cleaning with soap and water. If possible, launder these items following the manufacturer’s guidelines and dry them completely.
- If you’re unable to launder the item, use an EPA -registered disinfectant.
It’s also important to keep up your hand hygiene. Wash your hands correctly with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Don’t forget to avoid touching your face throughout the day. Encourage others in your home and office to do the same.
ServiceMaster TEAM in Fort Worth, Texas is your local fire and water restoration expert. We hope the tips above help your space stay clean and disinfected. Our team is currently providing preventative disinfection services for your home or business. During this uncertain time, we’re doing all we can to help our employees, customers and community stay healthy. You can expect our team to follow current CDC recommendations during every service. We are committed to superior results and customer service all year long. Contact us to learn more about our preventative disinfection services.
Photo by: istockphoto.com/dragana991