In addition to fire-damaged property, you must always consider the effects of smoke damage during the aftermath of extinguishing a fire. Smoke odor can cause lasting damage to a home, particularly discoloring the walls and leaving a lasting stench. In addition, smoke damage de-values a property unless the proper cleanup steps are taken to ensure damage control.
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) fire damage experts at ServiceMaster TEAMunderstand how to eliminate smoke odor damage that can permeate in every area of your home or business. Many materials in your home or business absorb odors for long periods of time.
Our technicians are specialists in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage contents. In order to remove any odor, the source of damage itself must be removed.
Important Warnings on Smoke and Fire Damage
- Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting a professional. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot, creating additional problems.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction and cause serious injury.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing further damage.
- Do not eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke.
- Do not wait to call for professional help.
Mitigation is essential in fire and smoke damage…
Even when the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic. When burned, synthetics create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable.
The professionals of ServiceMaster TEAM who specialize in smoke damage in Dallas and Fort Worth, are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. They can even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpets, thus helping to avoid additional expenses.
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke damage can have a lasting impact on your property’s value. Let Service Master TEAM professionally restore your Dallas/Fort Worth property from smoke damages.