ServiceMaster TEAM is a trusted restoration company for water damage in Fort Worth, Dallas, and Arlington, Texas. Using our knowledge that we’ve accumulated over the years restoring properties from water damage, we’ve decided to help our fellow property owners by providing them a list of helpful items they can do to mitigate damages.
What to Do if You Ever Have Water Damage
- Use fans to circulate the air and to dry wet materials.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- If the outside temperature is 60 degrees or above, use dehumidifiers.
- Loop wet draperies through a coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod to dry.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions to drying and place small wood blocks or aluminum foil underneath furniture legs.
- Remove wet rugs and other floor coverings.
- Open drawers and doors to enhance drying.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- It deemed safe, use your furnace or air conditioner to facilitate drying.
The cleaning professionals at ServiceMaster TEAM, use specially designed products, methods, and equipment to promise the highest level of cleaning and restoration performance for property and furnishings. The process unfolds in six steps:
- Inspection and assessment of damages
- Water extraction
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring